Shop It Forward
Help local nonprofits earn a share of $25,000 by shopping, dining & enjoying entertainment at Scottsdale Fashion Square. Simply submit your receipts and select a nonprofit.
About the Program
Scottsdale Fashion Square is once again giving back to the many nonprofit partners who have supported us through the decades. We are calling upon shoppers to pay it forward from October 15, 2023 - February 15, 2024, through our “Shop It Forward” program.
Shop It Forward is a grassroots community program that allows participating nonprofits in the program to earn points from qualified purchases. Customers can shop, dine, and enjoy entertainment at Scottsdale Fashion Square, then submit their receipts and help one of five participating nonprofit organizations earn between $2,000 to $10,000.
Under the Shop It Forward Program, nonprofit volunteers, staff and other supporters submit receipts from retailers, restaurants, and entertainment-related businesses at Scottsdale Fashion Square to earn points for their nonprofit. Based on the total points, each participating nonprofit receives a share of funds, based on their final points ranking, as compared with other participating nonprofits.
Total Prize Fund: $25,000
- First Place - $10,000
- Second Place - $5,000
- Third Place - $4,000
- Fourth Place - $3,000
- Fifth Place - $2,000
- *Extra $1,000 - Retailers will Vote on which nonprofit will be the recipient
Support your favorite nonprofit by uploading your receipts and help raise points to earn $2,000 to $10,000.
If you have any question about Shop It Forward, please call 1-800-539-3273 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scottsdale Fashion Square is continuing its legacy of giving back to the community by supporting the following nonprofit organizations/foundations through the Shop It Forward program:
- Arizona Theatre Company – ATC is a non-profit organization that transforms the lives of every Arizonan through the power of theatre. Their mission is to create world-class theatre about what it means to be alive today - inspiring curiosity and creativity, sparking empathy and joy - bringing all Arizonans together.
- The Board of Visitors Care Card - The BOV serves the community independently to raise and grant funds to deserving nonprofit agencies that mirror the mission of The Board of Visitors: to serve the healthcare needs of women, children and the elderly. This year's recipient of Care Card is the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center - The Big Pink Bus.
- Arizona Humane Society – AHS is here to save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. In carrying out this mission, they constantly return to their core values of innovation, compassion and excellence. They always strive for excellence because our pets and our community deserve our best.
- Homeward Bound AZ – HB serves the unique needs of families facing or experiencing homelessness with prevention, shelter, and after-care programs. Their Homelessness Prevention program is offered to the greater community; aimed to keep families on the brink of homelessness together in their very own homes by providing rent assistance, financial support, and resource navigation.
- Trees Matter – TM is a Phoenix-based 501(c)(3) environmental education nonprofit, whose mission is to inspire and promote an increased tree canopy in the Valley. Their newest program, Trees for Schools, aims to get more tree infrastructure into schools alongside teaching staff and students on the importance of trees and tree care. It goes beyond simply planting the tree, the maintenance and care of the tree that follows is critical to the success of the tree. TM is determined to educate schools on this by having the students, staff, and maintenance crews be an integral part of not only the planting itself, but also the education that informs them on how to care for their new trees in the long term.
Current Point Totals
Total Points Earned will be announced at the end of each Bonus Point period
- Arizona Theatre Company - 1,365 points
- Board of Visitors Care Card - 105,855 points
- Arizona Humane Society - 44,465 points
- Homeward Bound AZ - 175 points
- Trees Matter - 3,370 points
Final results will be announced on March 1, 2024
Throughout the Shop It Forward program, shoppers can collect 2x bonus points (10 points per dollar spent) by making purchases at qualifying bonus point retailers during the bonus point period AND uploading the receipts within the bonus point time frame. Receipts submitted after the bonus point time frame (even if purchased within the dates) will still receive 5 points per dollar spent.
Below are the dates along with the official list of stores where bonus points can be collected. While stores may fall under multiple categories, bonus points will only be given based on the official store lists below. Click the links to see which stores qualify during each period to help plan your shopping.
- October 15 - 19: No Bonus Points
- October 20 – October 29: Care Card Retailers
- October 30 – November 12: Food & Drink
- November 13 - 26: Women & Men's Apparel
- November 27 - December 10: Department Stores & Home
- December 11 – 24: Luxury Retailers
- December 26 - January 7: Family, Lifestyle & Entertainment
- January 8 - 21: Health & Beauty / Sporting Goods
- January 22 - February 4: Jewelry, Shoes, Accessories
- February 5 - 15: Restaurants
October 15, 2023, through February 15, 2024. Grace period to upload receipts until February 20, 2024.
How To Submit Receipts
Save time and add the receipt form to your mobile device home screen.
- iPhone: Click on box with up arrow at the bottom of your screen, then choose Add To Home Screen.
- Android: Click on the three dots on the top right of your screen and choose Add To Home Screen.
We accept photos or scans of original cash register receipts or images from a receipt sent to you via email, text or app (best captured as a screenshot).
Do Online Purchases Count:
The only online purchases that will be accepted is if you order online and pick-up in-store or order in-store and ship to an address.
Can I Use a Third-Party App to Make My Purchase (i.e., Fandango, UberEats, Postmates, Grubhub, Instacart, Shipt, etc.)?
Yes! We will credit these purchases made with the shopping center location for the amount spent with the business. Third party charges, including delivery, service fees and/or gratuity to the third party should be deducted from your total.
Receipts NOT Accepted:
We do not accept photocopied receipts, credit card or bank statements (unless to document a monthly automatic withdrawal). Do not submit payments on a retailer's credit card account.
What Amount Do I Enter?
Enter the total purchase amount, including sales tax and gratuity. Deduct any cash back on your purchase when you enter your purchase total.
Can I Use a Gift Card, Rewards Receipt or Points to Pay for Some or All of My Purchase?
All forms of payment will be accepted. Please be sure to submit your purchase total and include all forms of payment.
Do I Need To Upload The Entire Receipt?
In order to process receipts properly, we will need to see the store name, location, date and total. For long receipts, you may fold your paper receipt to see the top and bottom with all of the necessary information showing. Another option for a long receipt is to take a video showing the details needed and upload instead of a photo.
Have a Digital Receipt (Email, App or Text)?
Take a screenshot showing the store name, location, date and total. Another option for a long digital receipt is to capture the receipt in two parts, then take a photo or screenshot of the two images side-by-side. You may be able to export your email as a pdf to upload for credit.
Do I Need to Do Anything to Ensure I Receive the Bonus Points?
Purchases and submission of receipt(s) MUST be dated and turned in during the qualifying bonus point time frame in order to qualify for the bonus points. Receipts turned in after the eligible bonus point period (even if purchased during the bonus point time frame) will receive the typical 5 points per dollar.
- No confirmation? No need to re-enter your info. Check your junk mail folder. If it’s not there, Email Us with the store name and amount of purchase. Add email@example.com to your email provider’s “whitelist”.
- Made a mistake? Email Us with your error and we’ll fix on our end. Do not resubmit the receipt.
I Need Help!
Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-539-3273.
Past Program Winners
To celebrate the many nonprofit partners whose tireless efforts Scottsdale Fashion Square has supported through the decades, the center called upon shoppers to pay it forward through its “Shop It Forward” program. Customers could shop, dine and enjoy entertainment at Scottsdale Fashion Square, then submit their receipts to earn $1,000 to $10,000 for their favorite charity. Eve Treger of Launch Real Estate was the past Program Sponsor of Shop It Forward, which donated $25,000 to local charities. Eve specializes in luxury residential real estate and concentrates her efforts in Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Fountain Hills and North Phoenix. Eve says, “Nothing is more exciting than the feeling I get from helping people meet their real estate needs.”
PAST SHOP IT FORWARD WINNERS
THE 2021 SHOP IT FORWARD WINNERS:
First Place: Arizona Theater Company: $10,000 Prize
Second Place: Arizona Cancer Foundation for Children: $5,000 Prize
Third Place: Board of Visitors Care Card: $4,000 Prize
Fourth Place: Fresh Start Women's Foundation: $3,000 Prize
Fifth Place: ASU Foundation: $2,000 Prize
Sixth Place: Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Central AZ: $1,000 Prize
THE 2022 SHOP IT FORWARD WINNERS:
First Place: Board of Visitors Care Card: $10,000 Prize
Second Place: Off The Field NFL Wives Association / Caris Sports Foundation: $5,000 Prize
Third Place: The Be Kind People Project: $4,000 Prize
Fourth Place: Phoenix Pride: $3,000 Prize
Fifth Place: Boys & Girls Club of Greater Scottsdale: $2,000 Prize
Sixth Place: Desert States Theatre: $1,000 Prize
Terms & Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
Duration of the Program
Sponsor reserves the right to shorten, modify, or cancel the Shop It Forward Program at its discretion, at any time.
User Representations and Warranties
By using this Site, you are representing to Sponsor that you have the power and authority to accept these terms and to enter into this Agreement, that you are capable of assuming, and do assume, any risks related to the use of this Site and its content, and that you understand and accept the terms, conditions and risks relating to your use. You may not use this Site or accept these Terms if you are not of a legal age to form a binding contract.
Accuracy and Completeness of Information
While Sponsor uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained in this Site is accurate and reliable, Sponsor makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise with respect to such information, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any omissions or errors in the content of this Site.
Limitation of Liability
Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of data, for problems related to any of the equipment or programming associated with the Shop It Forward Program or utilized by a Participating Nonprofit, for any human error, any interruption, deletion, omission, defect, or line failure of any telephone network or electronic transmission, for any problems relating to computer equipment, software, inability to access the Website or online service, or any other technical or non-technical errors or malfunctions.
In no event will Sponsor, its affiliates, employees, partners, suppliers, or other third parties mentioned at this site be liable to you or to any third party for any special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data or business interruption), arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any web sites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not foreseeable or whether Sponsor has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion; and fulfillment agencies, are not responsible for any products or services offered by the participating merchants. Sponsor and its affiliates specifically disclaim any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the products and services offered by any rewards partners, including any implied warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and implied warranties coming from course of dealing or course of performance, to the fullest extent allowable by law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Sponsor and its affiliates, employees, partners, suppliers and related third parties harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorney's fees, arising from or in any way related to your use of the Site or participating in the Shop It Forward Program, any material contained therein by you, or by your breach of the terms of these Terms.
Modification of Site
Sponsor will periodically revise the information, services and resources contained in this Site (pursuant to its sole and absolute discretion) and reserves the right to make such changes without any obligation to notify past, current or prospective visitors. Sponsor encourages you to visit this Site frequently to stay informed.
Your Use of the Site
You may download content for non-commercial, personal use only, provided copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices remain unchanged and visible. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials is transferred to you or to any user as a result of any such downloading or copying. You agree that you will not otherwise copy, modify, alter, display, distribute, sell, broadcast or transmit any material on the Site in any manner without the prior written permission of Sponsor.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
Links to Third Party Sites
As a convenience to users, this Site may link to other sites owned and operated by third parties and not maintained by Sponsor. Sponsor has no control over these linked sites, all of which have separate privacy and data collection practices and legal policies independent of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for the contents of any linked sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of material on such sites. Viewing such third party sites is entirely at your own risk. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
The laws of the State of California shall govern these Terms and Conditions. Each participant hereby expressly consents to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the courts located in Los Angeles, California for all matters arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions or participant's participation in the Program.
This Site is sponsored by Macerich Arizona Partners LLC. For information concerning Macerich's and Shop It Forward privacy policies, see https://www.macerich.com/Privacy and shoppingpartnership.com